PIANC APAC 2020 is a biennial conference series focusing on harbours, ports and recreational boating in the Asia Pacific region.
What will happen during the Virtual Conference?
The format of the Virtual Conference will be very familiar to the Face-to-Face Conference occurring simultaneously. The Conference will feature keynote presentations and breakout sessions, as well as panel discussions, and will include live moderated Q&As after keynote presentations.
Additionally, there will be time for Interactive Networking with fellow virtual and opportunities to explore the Virtual Exhibition, where you will be able to engage directly with exhibitors.
What does registration include?
Virtual Conference registrants will have access to the online platform which will enable you to
- View keynote presentations and breakout sessions and ask questions live.
- Visit the Virtual Exhibition to meet and interact with exhibitors.
- Communicate with other online delegates, presenters and exhibitors.
What are the benefits of a Hybrid Conference?
- Removal of the significant barrier of travel for those delegates who reside outside of Western Australia.
- Enables residents of Western Australia the opportunity to network Face-to-Face.
- Allowing meeting participants to participate remotely will reduce the carbon footprint, helping the environment and allowing the attendance of the Conference while not being absent from home or work.
- Online materials and recorded sessions will enhance the exchange of knowledge and author and audience contact, during and even after the Conference.
When will I receive my link to the online portal?
Virtual Conference registrants, a registration link will be sent to you by email one week prior to the Conference. Please check your junk folder if you do not receive the access email. If you do not receive the email, please contact email@example.com to have this resent to you.
Will sessions be available for viewing after the Virtual Conference?
Those who register for the PIANC APAC Virtual Conference will have access to on-demand content post event. Attendees are strongly encouraged to attend the live sessions to foster networking, participation, and a conference-like experience.
Do I need reliable internet?
Yes, we recommend that you have reliable internet to get the most out of the PIANC APAC Conference. Hardwired internet is generally more reliable and faster than WiFi.