PIANC APAC 2020 is a biennial conference series focusing on harbours, ports and recreational boating in the Asia Pacific region.
Guidelines & Submission
Abstract submissions will open on 2 December 2019.
Two page Extended Abstracts must be submitted online as Microsoft Word documents only using a specific format – an abstract template is available online and must be used for all abstracts submitted.
- Extended abstracts are to be preferably between 500 and 800 words of text and should include supporting tables, figures, and equations.
- The extended abstract should fill but not exceed two pages in 2 column layout.
- Extended abstracts must be submitted in Arial 10 point font
- The extended abstract title must be typed in Arial 14 point, bold and centred font
- The first listed author should be the presenting and contact author
- The presenting authors name must be underlined
- All author details and affiliations must be included
- The first author’s email address must be included
- The extended abstract is to include a 100 word maximum summary
- Authors must include a maximum of five keywords sufficient to highlight the relevant topics addressed in your paper.
Please note that while there is no limit to the number of extended abstracts you can submit, the Conference Program Committee will, where possible, limit the number of presentations per first author to one.
Presenters of accepted extended abstracts are required to register and pay to attend the Conference as a delegate for at least the day they are presenting.
Submission of extended abstracts implies the author’s agreement to have their extended abstract uploaded on the Conference app and website.
Acceptance of extended abstracts does not imply any payment from the Conference Committee. Authors must arrange and pay their own accommodation, travel etc. to attend the Conference.
Acceptance or otherwise is at the discretion of the Conference Program Committee whose decision is final.
Registration Opens: 4 November 2019
Abstract Submissions Open: 2 December 2019
Abstract Submissions Close: 28 February 2020
Abstract Notifications to Authors: 27 March 2020
Early Bird Registration Closes: 3 April 2020