PIANC APAC 2020 is a biennial conference series focusing on harbours, ports and recreational boating in the Asia Pacific region.
PIANC APAC 2020 Young Author Award
Awarded for the best paper presented by an Australian or New Zealand author which passes the eligibility criteria below. The winner is provided with free membership of PIANC Australia & New Zealand for 2 years.
- The author should be no more than 40 years old at the date of the Conference.
- The author should be a citizen or permanent resident of either Australia or New Zealand.
- The author is required to present an extended abstract at the Conference.
- The extended abstract should be directly related to the fields of design, construction, improvement, maintenance, monitoring, environment considerations, and operation of:
- inland and maritime waterways including rivers, estuaries, canals, port approaches, and;
- inland and maritime ports and coastal areas.
- The theme of the extended abstract should be well developed for application.
- The author should be the lead author for the extended abstract and be the sole presenter at the conference.
- Both extended abstract submission and presentation are assessed for the award.
PIANC APAC 2020 Author Award
Awarded to a presentation which celebrates the 2020 PIANC APAC theme: Today and Tomorrow. Topics may include working with nature, license to operate or innovative solutions for the future.
PIANC APAC 2020 Progress Award
Awarded to someone who has increased the positive influence of Waterborne Transport Infrastructure through initiatives relating to equality, diversity or using their work to improve the lives of others.
PIANC APAC 2020 Lifetime Achievement Award
Outstanding involvement and contribution to the Waterborne Transport Infrastructure industry.
PIANC APAC 2020 Contribution Award
Commendable input to supporting PIANC including on working group/s and commissions.